Sunday, May 08, 2005

Tonights party

Went to a party hosted by some of my oldest friends. I used to hang out with them all of the time... wing night on wednesdays (went for 3 years without missing more than I can count on my fingers), party saturdays (well... sometimes fridays, saturdays, sundays, mondays and tuesdays)

Havn't seen them for a few months. Got called up. My best friend out of the group just bought a house with his fiancae. House warming party... which was cool.

Around 9, the guys with girls started showing up. And it struck me. The really awesome guys that are in this group... their girls who they are all really happy with are all over weight, annoying (except for one or two) and I don't find them particularely attractive (except for one or two... these are generalizations... some girls are just awesome. the others - majority - are definately "average" people).

And I was like DAMN!. This would imply that by hanging out with these people, I will end up with this type of girl.

Is there something wrong with this statement? I would say to be a major part of that group, I would have to share a major part of that groups mentality... and I guess finding sub-par people to chill with just happens to be part of the package.

Don't get me wrong. And there are people that I really need to exclude from this list. As I've never mentioned names or places, I'm not going to start now... but except for the few, I really wanted to use my mental powers to crush some windpipes tonight.

Maybe thats why I don't chill with those guys anymore.

Strange.

Fun party though.

I would estimate the amount of beer consumed to be in excess of 100, unfortunately, we're looking at a 3-1 male/female ratio... which automatically fails any social gathering.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"And I was like DAMN!. This would imply that by hanging out with these people, I will end up with this type of girl."

It's cliche, I know but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just because they annoy you and you don't find them attractive doesn't mean that your friends "settled" for them.
We all have different tastes, and that doesn't make them any less better than yours just because they don't match your tastes.

But I'm sure you knew all that anyway, I was just throwing in my two cents. :P

10:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home