Thursday, May 05, 2005

The next step

Well, I did take a step forward. I got her number last night; and as per decorum, called her today.

To say "hi! I'm interested in you, not just a guy who collects numbers" (which I have done and is very fun, but doesn't usually win you any prizes - except for missed oppourtunities)

Today's call went well, but she lost me somewhere. I really want to see her and be with her, but a potential "I'm avoiding you" flag has been raised.

She's busy. Works evenings, shift work. Variable appointments during the day and has a back log of friends who want to do something.

Which sucks!

I have a motto thats never failed me before. "If she won't commit to a time and day to see you, she doesn't really want to see you."

There was a girl which that statement blew it for me... but there were many girls which that hard line has saved me alot of grief.

If its important, they'll make time. But the dirt doesn't make the time to plant the seeds, the farmer has to do that...

I made a note into my little calender to call back in a week, avoid contact if possible (to increase worth, there has to be a shortage of supply) and offer a day and time; or a way for her to contact me if she's ever available...

But as to that, as I live a very personal life, until this drama is over; I'm sorry but this is the last entry on this special someone.

---------

The first 'real' ninjutsu class started tonight.

It was very good... to tell the truth. There was one point where I yelled out the lords name in vain in an effort to express the pain I was feeling; (by one point, I mean several) but nothing got injured. I guess I sorta stepped outside the lines of "acceptable attack" when the instructor was forced to "double fist grab me in the inner thighs" about as hard as he can. (I'm not even going to look to see if I have marks)

I have alot of work to do to become the blackbelt I expect.

Strange. I'm stuck between arrogance and humility. I have to have the confidence to say to my instructor "I'm black belt material" but I have to also have killed ego enough to hold no expectations.

To tell you the truth, I see it around every corner under every rock.

*smile* and I know thats wrong. By doing that I make it not be around any corners or under any rocks... but its become my goal; and whatever it takes.

Today's class was about pain compliance and annoyance. How you must create a pain and enforce it into an opponents system to create shock.

Interesting, to tell you the truth. I left alot of marks on people... and I definately felt alot of pain. But interesting none the less.

There are a few students; some spent our little "4 month vacation" period relaxing, others spent it training in various things. My breaking has definately changed my style and structure...

The guys who took it to relax, they're a little worse for wear right now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

even if you aren't going to post about this mysterious someone anymore, I wish you all the best, no matter what the outcome! :)

oh, if you ever feel like going for a run, or a bike ride, or rollerblading with someone, please give me a call. I got my medical clearance to join the army so I really need to get my arse in gear in terms of getting in shape.
*so happy*

6:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home