Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Breaking and the Martial Arts

And the question came up last night. Why did you leave martial arts?

My answer... the answer that I've been using all along to everyone I talked to; "I just wanted to get away from the violence." felt hollow in my ears.

Violence, like any form of expression, is not good nor evil. How we use it makes it that way.

So back to the drawing board I go.

Truth to be told, I miss the violence. The interaction. The ... life that it makes one aware of. I need something like that in my life; to keep me balanced on that edge of happiness.

So what drew me away?

I know it was the energy.

It couldn't have been growth in energy was oupacing my emotional growth... cause I'm growing faster now (energetically) than I was then.

Maybe just to reflect. I'm on a 'reflection' break.

I dunno.

I think I know what Ninjutsu is though. Its the art of winning. Not the art of winning a battle, of winning prestige or fame. Its just winning plain and simple. Its not ending up dead in an alley. Its dyeing of old age with your family. Its winning wars, its winning life.

...

So I opened a fortune cookie yesterday. Inside was not one, not two, not three fortunes. There were four awesome fortunes to tell me how good things are going to be.

My favorite? "You will always get what you want through your charm and personality."

Thats Awesome!

...

So after breaking last night, offered one of the instructors a ride home (or wherever he's chillin). Grabbed a helmet, he directed me to where these guys' house.

As we were just turning off the bike, this one guy pulls up on a pocket rocket.

For those who don't know... a pocket rocket is a mini bike with like a lawnmower engine inside. The bike is light enough to pick up, but has enough power to get you to 50kph inside a half block.

The bike itself doesn't come up to a person's knees. Small little thing.

To make the story quick, I gave him a ride on my bike for me getting to drive his we little one.

We pulled up back to his house... he was visibly shaken. I gave him good value for his ride... lemmie tell you what!

I got on the pocket rocket... Freaky! Not really comparable to the real thing... but if you've never biked, a little bike is better than none I guess.

Took it almost to its top speed, in the alley behind his house. Just chillin... felt like I was on a small child's bicycle.

It was still cool though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home