Saturday, April 16, 2005

Invisibility and eating meat

So... First I have to say; this whole "being driven off the road cause asshole drivers don't see me" thing sucks.

Twice or three times a day, its almost like I'm being hunted. Someone will just move right into my lane... no shoulder checking. I'm afraid. Really afraid of riding in traffic. I never sit beside a car now. Always clearly in front or clearly behind where it would take an overt act of aggression to get me.

And they still try I swear.

Tonight, the latest attempt was in a parking lot. I'm just chillin... riding like all of 30 km/h in the center lane of a parking lot. Even if you would consider it an 'uncontrolled intersection' this guy was still on my left. Left yeilds to right... isn't that the rule?

So nice new blue BMW pulls out... like it was timed to hit me. I swerved into the shoulder (yeah, there is no shoulder... I know... but there is enough space for a bike and a car to sit in one lane if you don't mind riding in the crazy gravelly part of the road reserved for peds. Accelerated...

no good. Scared the crap out of me. Not one of those "there is a ghost in my closet" scares... but one of those "am I packing a knife right now?" scares.

so... maybe... I should focus more on being seen. How? unsure. but better try than get hit.

-----------

So... I've been having these wicked meat cravings for a few weeks.

Figured I would have some today. That maybe there is something in meat that I need for the time being.

Ate meat at 5... really not feeling well now. (1am) I think I'm dyeing.

Which is funny... becaue I quit meat for not feeling good; but I don't remember it being like this.

Blah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home