Monday, April 04, 2005

worlds

I guess you could delimit the worlds one lives in by the languages he speeks.

Specifically... if you step out of the office, into your home life. Use the same language, the same words and expressions; Perhaps your really not seperated at all?

In the gym world; I'm still in martial arts mode. Not a lot of talking. Actually, when I'm at the gym and someone talks to me with the expectation of receiving some sort of verbal return; its like a bubble being pricked. (well... anything more than 2 words anyways)

At work; I'm talk to everyone and anyone. The more that people talk to me, the better feeling I get on how to fix their problems. And thats what I do; fix problems.

Swears, homey lingo, attitude; all that has to be stowed at the door... it doesn't belong in the office.

Now... with the bboys; a completely new attitude must be gained.

Still no attitude; but the words are compeltely different. No more single pump - firm hand shakes; its all about smooth. Everything must slide off the tongue; slide off the hands.

No formalities; all about respect and how to be subtle about it.

Very strange.

I guess I could say that my 'female world' exists as well; where I'm totally formal and relaxed. Respect and feeling, right at the fingertips; with everything else sorta chillin behind the scenes.

Maybe thats why I can't find a girl? Because of my different worlds, the girl I find fits into one in between... instead of one solidly?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home