Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Telephone

So... Ever play telephone?

Where you have a line of people. One person at one end starts by saying something into the next person's ear. Pass the saying (or word even) down the line and gradually (between miscommunications and hyjinx) becomes something else.

I feel like that right now.

I know some events have happened in my past, but gradually looking at them over time; they become distored and different.

Almost like my mind is shaping the event to something I would want to happen instead of what actually happened.

I'm not talking about being abused by people or chased by wild animals; the emotions involved have kept those memories clear.

I'm just talking about every day occourances. Meeting people, seeing people, being out with friends.

Just something every day enough not to question what happened.

Where slowly, the versions of the people involved become different.

Havn't you ever heard a friend describe something and been like "thats not how it happened?"

Maybe it is how it happened, and your version has been altered?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home