Monday, March 21, 2005

The comedian

So I went and saw Ron James live tonight. A 2 hour comedy extraveganza!

Imagine this; A very short man flailing his arms making fun of the world for 2 hours.

One of the quickest people I've ever seen. Something would come up and he would respond so fast and efficient, it took me a couple secconds to realize that what he was talking about just happened.

Dialect. There are more words he used that I have no idea the meaning of than I would usually hear in a year. (and then some) A string of illiterations and pronouns prefixis and suffixes following... some jokes you have no idea about what he's talking... just a punch line would come up, your brain would snap to like an elastic band... and all of a sudden *funny*.

It was a neat experiance.

At the winspear. Sold out performance. Here we are, red neck albertans in a nice classy place wearin our blue jeans and runnin' shoes... good ol' home.

I don't blame people for running away to somewhere else.

That little bastard had us capitvated though. There was one point where he started describing a trip in a jet after a joke. As soon as he hit a specific part (pre-designated by him) the entire audience went dead silent. Like we're expecting the wonder of the world to be displayed before our eyes.

It was un-real.

I think what makes it funny; is that while he's making jokes, it brings to mind when you've seen that or when you've been in that situation... and you laugh at your memory, not necessarily at his portrayal.
--------

Energetically speaking; interesting stuff to watch.

Throughout the whole show, there was a seccond him... like he was extended a half person infront of himself. I thought it was my eyes focusing or something, but both he and his seccond half were focused completely. So I started relaxing into it and accepting.

I noticed a very deep indigo aura around him (maybe violet... I'm male and my color differentiation isn't very good... its either red, blue or green... everything else is a shade of something and can be ignored!)... I've seen blue, and vibrant blue/green (and green red once.. which was freaky) but that shade of indigo was something to see.

If I relaxed enough, I could see an outline aura about 2-3 feet around him... it was cool.

I've always heard that great performers (who would be called charasmatic) have very strong fields... but to see it is something else.

---------

Finally; we went to seccond cup after the show... to kill the lineup to get out of the parking complex we parked in. Was totally laughing and just relaxing... some guys walked into the store, this one slim shady (but sorta retarded style gangsta') walked up to the condiment shelf and just stood there. It was strange cause he had a big bag of cheerio's... not the honey nut ones either. Clearly there was something going on... and I was on alert for me and my friend; the till girl walked up to the 'walking out of the till area' exit and stood poised to do something managerial... gave a look ("if you do something, I'm gonna fuck you up") to the back of his head.

As soon as the look came out, everything just turned on for me. Funny, cause I feel all busted up from breaking yesterday (and today at work)... but in that moment, I could have lifted a car.

From relaxed off and laughing, no cares in the world... to ON! Nothing happened... but the chemicals seem to really make my stomache not feel good. (either that, or the caramel chocolate chip and marshmellow pie peice and large thing of hot chocolate upset my stomache... maybe both.)

Strange.

Good evening. If there is anyone along the way, I would recomend checking out Ron's tour. Its amazing.