Friday, April 01, 2005

About zombies

I've been using a peice of Apetite at night to enhance my 'vision'.

Its a very small rock, deep blue with white veins running through it. Standard double pointed shape. (one point on each end, hexagonal body)

I'm a very martial person... of course I have swords and knives. An occasional pair of nunchucks and some staves of various types. Two nights ago, I fell into a previous pattern of zombie dreams (I havn't zombied in a long time so it was a rare treat.) Except all that happened was I woke up terrified, not knowing where I am with this feeling of being pursued. (of course, thats when I took the rock off my third eye cursing it for helping me travel - or dream)

Sitting there, closing my blinds (cause zombies are always attracted to light in a window) I grab my trusty sword, clutch it to me tight and go back to bed. (in movies, no one has a sword... they always have guns or bats or something. I figured if there was a smart person, he would arm his "anti-zombie millitia" with a some swords and let them run rampant. Zombies never duck, they never dodge to the side. They always pursue... so why don't you use something that will slice and dice but not at extreme close range?)

Since that night, I've slept with the rock on my person. (On different points, or in my hand) and every night I've had seriously freaky weird dreams.

I used to have zombie dreams before. So much, that in the waking world I came up with a plan... just incase the zombies did take over.

That I was do rip down to my local budget rental center and 'borrow' one of those H2's. To find somewhere with easy roof access, lots of natural materials to build whatever necessary fortifications I may require. As well... the building can't have alot of windows; shouldn't be in a residential district.

Grab some people (I've allready alerted some friends about what to do in a zombie emergency... they don't know where I'm going to pick them up... but its going to happen)

And fly by the local supply seargent. They have these wicked paul chen swords; some seriously tough military shirts and pants... (I'm sure zombies wouldn't be able to bite through them so easily) and other usefull things. (like rope. Lots of rope. You can never have enough rope.)

And the thing is, everyone will be hitting the gun stores, the ammo stores. The camping wholesales places (if they're not running for their lives... which they just may be) and so on.

So you have to hit somewhere that people wouldn't think is usefull... but with wicked stuff none the less.

The only questionable thing, would be food.

If the power goes out. (how would that happen? it always seems to in those movies...) then a grocerie store would be perfect... all the canned goods. Other wise, we wouldn't be able to store anything.

But you really don't want more than 8 people staying with you. If you were to go out, one group of 4 is an ideal number. Which would leave 4 to guard the base. (or keep it warm anyways) Any more than 8, feeding would be a night mare. You'd have to take trips daily to a store... unless you had a pickup and just filled the back with cans and stuff.

Anyways... those are my zombie thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home