Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Reading people

I usually pretend to be able to read people. What they are, who they are etc. But I don't.

I read what people want to be seen... its alot simpler than going into a persons mind and pulling out the true them.

And everyone wants to be read. Everyone wants someone they connect with; someone to "witness" their life and their passing.

Its the nature of humans to have a desire not to be alone.

A very good friend once told me "if we were to go without human contact, we would go insane" and I totally feel that is true. Touch, feeling, just being around people; makes one alive.

So... I was out with a very nice girl tonight (felt some connection, but I ran from it, so probably won't be seeing much in the future). She was attractive in her own sort of way, confident and shy at the same time. Just an awesome person.

And there was a time when we were discussing vehicles. She asked me what my bike is named (Jasmine) and I asked her what her car is named. She said "Junk". I was startled a little bit. I asked her what it needs.... she did what I expected... she said "I need alot of work... everything needs changing." Not "It needs" but "I need".

How can you not read into that? Such an obvious clue, such an obvious insight into her personality... what she needs and wants.

And everything does that to an extent or another. If you want to learn about yourself, analize another... what you see is like a mirror; if looked at correctly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home