Wednesday, April 13, 2005

honesty

So... I had a thought tonight.

That honesty doesn't count unless what your trying to say is understood.

Filters and blocks... honesty and perception.

Looking back, I've said some things to people; using the excuse "I'm being honest" or "they deserve honesty" but... in hindsight... I take what they think I said... and thats nothing near what I thought I was saying.

So... its no longer being honest (even though your speaking the truth...)

Maybe thats the difference between truth and honesty... making sure what you say is received is honesty.

Just think of that; next time a girl asks you "do I look fat in these pants?"

Say "Your beautiful whatever pants you wear." and she'll take that to mean "yes" ... which is being honest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home