Friday, May 13, 2005

The Roomate

For those of you who know me... I'm not really big on talking.

I used to be immersed in speach. Constantly speaking about things; whats going on, whats around me etc. Now; I treat speaking like money. I talk some... but everything I say is worth saying. I never (or at least try to never) say something meaningless or frivolous.

This leads to a few things.

First off, there are alot of uncoumfortable (for other people) silences. I'm perfectly fine sitting in a silent environment... but some people appear to have the idea that if something isn't being said; that there is something wrong.

Secondly, when I speak; people want to listen. Because I don't abuse speach, what I say is more valuable. Not because people conciously recognise this; but because I recognise this and my speach vibration is different because of it.

Subconcious stuff; I guess.

I was sick yesterday. Chose to stay home from work. Zenning out infront of my videogames (just an old-school n64 with the orig. zelda) in a magical world of silence.

My body, my sinus cold; the rest of the world is just somewhere else.

4:00 comes around... roomate comes home.

Wow! can that guy talk.

Like... grandpa simpson. There was an episode where grandpa started telling a story, changed into something else and then something else... never quite finishing anything or even making sence...

Thats what my roomate is like.

3 hours he talked. I didn't have a headache. I didn't feel pain. (hell someone could have chopped off my foot; subconciously I could have cut off the blood flow and intercepted the pain before I felt it...)

At the end of our "marathon" my head hurt, my mind hurt, my body hurt. I was contemplating jumping off the balcony and just ending the suffering.

I gave him a Look. Said "Ok". "Ok what?" "Ok... I think I've heard enough of what you have to say. Now you can leave me alone."

If I wanted to talk that much; I would have moved in with a girl or my family. (no insult intended... but there are people who like to talk, and people who don't.)

4 months, 13 hours until I move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home