Wednesday, May 25, 2005

hotel visits

I was in the swimming pool of my hotel last night.

Just feeling what I can feel through my body, admiring the water and watching the ripples around me as I move.

Around 10:30, two guys, two girls came into the pool. Making alot of noise, being young and having fun.

It was good to watch. I distanced myself, not really hearing what was being talked about but listening to what was being said.

You ever notice how the youngest male in a group is always interrupted by the oldest? Ignored by everyone else and generally left to fend for himself?

In this instance, the older male was a basketball player. There were two females (one skinney one ... not skinney) and a second male. They were all 18 or so (I would guess) and university or college students.

It was fun to watch. The younger male was an ass (to get attention no doubt) the larger female followed the actions of the skinner female. The 'more dominant' members were never insulted while they insulted those below them.

Like my own edition of national geographic.

---------

Rode back today.

As the storms are moving throughout the area, an amazing form of wind precedes them. Some are very nice and warm, others... very cold. It was neat just to feel them and try to predict weather patterns by the feeling and direction of the wind.

Unfortunately, it was not good motorcycling weather.

I was almost thrown from my bike twice... took a break every 45 minutes or so. Just to work the feeling back into my fingers and stretch my legs.

I think my kevlar jacket needs an upgrade to leather for longer trips.

Kevlar breaths too much... so that my core looses all its heat almost instantly in the wind.

Which is great on a hot day. But a day like today, makes biking potentially dangerous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home