Friday, October 26, 2007

Best Friends

I was thinking about friends. Best friends specifically.

I think I've come to terms with what having a friend actually means.

By that, I mean - I own a house with a guy I've known more than half my life. I've known many friends, good friends. I've lived with a few and have seen other's soul - through their eyes and words as they express their fears and loves.

But what makes the best?

I sorta figured tonight (as I lay in the tub) that a best friend is someone who see's your steps in the sand and understands where your heading. Someone who doesn't deter you from your path, no matter how unalike it is from his/hers. And at the end of the day, shares in the celebration of accomplishment or gives you a hug to pick you back up. So that you both can walk your paths again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home