Thursday, September 28, 2006

Reading and more

In my effort of education; I've been pouring over books. Every hitch (over the last 6 months) I brought out a dozen or so books; and seem to come home with twice that. Sorta mixing half/half educational books with the fantasy stuff I so love to read.

I'm slowly programming my mind by encouraging its read of the current 'fact laden' book by putting a little treat (the fantasy to follow) afterwards.

Right now I'm reading "Blink; the power of thinking without thinking". About half way done, its a very good read. Early on, the author establishes a theory/principle and slowly builds its credibility throughout the novel.

So far; very impressed with what it has to say.

I've been trying to get through "Influence; the psychology of persuasion" for the last month.

This author (I guess) is trying to mirror the argument style of the last. Unfortunately, he's having a little difficulty. He jumps around a little much in his stories and often claims to make a new point when only using different words to describe the same point he's continuously been making.

----

I've been trying to 'sprout' almonds. A friend of myne (recently moved away) came to the office one day with a bag of sprouted nuts. Little chutes from the almonds and everything... and they tasted amazing!

Unfortunately, my first attempt didn't appear to work out. (had to eat them all this morning!) So I'll have to get some more 'natural' almonds and make another go at it. Anyone out there know about sprouting nuts?

1 Comments:

Blogger Budgie said...

I know about sprouting seeds, but I could never get that quite right either. mine always went moldy as they sprouted. I can't grow things :P

5:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home