Sunday, August 27, 2006

A good person.

Well; my friends. You can all rest easy.

I've recently discovered that I'm a good person.

*smile* thats right! Me!!! a good person!

I was in the office before I left; and another senior field hand walked in who I met before and felt a kinship with. So I walked up and shook his hand. Watched him for 20 minutes deal with his peers and bosses.

Its funny; because of his kung fu training (and experience) guys consider us alike. We walk almost the same (not quite!) we talk similar. Similar histories, similar interests. Definately a kindred spirit - on the surface.

Unfortunately; I could feel his intent. Could feel how he thinks when looking at people, offering the latest in pirated software or to help them with whatever their pleasure. And it was greedy.

I've never felt it so pure before. But I guess being in the field; away from ... people. You really have a chance to boil down who you are to its base element. I could feel it spreading; the disease of negativity from him. How when he offered what he had, the people on the receiving end would get that green eyed look. Shifty and hungry. Taking a proud man and turning him into a jackal.

So with a sigh and a smile; I look to myself.

I see the good mood and attitude I have; the compliments and smiles I share. Not out of greed; so it can come back to me. But because I like making people feel good.

And I guess that makes all the difference. Not the actions but the intent behind it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never had a doubt you were a good person.

You never should have doubted it either.

~ Dust
(Just checking up on you)

10:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home