Saturday, July 01, 2006

and work

Yeah; so works been fun.

Never mind the little bits and pieces in the past postings; figured that I would write a summary of all the fun I've been having lately.

So; beginning of last job, I was sent out on my own. To run my own job! Finally. They gave me a trainee... someone very less experianced to learn about what we're all doing out here.

Show up on site, set up and run the job. Start to finish a 26 day stint sharing a very confined space with another crazy. Drive to town, move all my stuff into the new house; see a friend. Then drive back.

Meet the same guy back here; but this time we don't have a Directional Driller helping us on the vertical part of our well.

So... TADAA! I get to do that part now.

Get my seccond hand (he's not really a trainee anymore) to rig up one job while I take care of the other. Ended up working through the night; picking tools up in the early morning.

Sleep was few and far between. After 48 hours of alertness, i managed to sneek in a 15 minute nap. And then another 24 hours before sleeping for a half hour.

Drilled for another day or so and some guys came off of another rig to relieve me for a bit. Ended up sleeping for a whole 3 hours!

But whatever. Got through that just fine. Managed to not screw things up too badly.

Drilled for another week and a half; everything aproaching normal again. I gotta say though; your sleep batteries never really fully recharge out here. Its that nights sleep in your own house, in your own bed that the body craves.

So when (2 nights ago) I'd been asleep for an hour and the tool completely stopped working; I wasn't in a good case to work through the night and through the next day again.

*smile*

But whatever. I guess its a "do the best you can" situation.

So yeah; thats the last month and a half.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home