Friday, October 21, 2005

What I do

To tell the truth, beefdrop, I don't think I can talk about what I do. The oil patch is ultra sensitive to espinage and all that.

So yeah; I have a tool that I take care of; but right now I just sit in a shack, look at some numbers and when asked translate them into things that mean stuff.

regarding the waking up the guy... well... specific services stay on lease (where the drilling rig is) and I'm one of those. I share a shack with a directional driller and the other guys who do what I do.

We arrived to this lease and apperently there was a spare bed in one of the other shacks. So I was told to put my crap into that shack... grabbed some stuff and walked in the shack.

My ninja sence was tingling so i just stood there for about 5 minutes... and i hear from the other side of the shack "HELLO?"... so i said I was in the wrong shack and left.

well... I get back to our shack and the guys were like "no matter what you do, be as quiet as possible so you don't wake up the big man." and i was like "crap" apperently, in the field, there is one main guy and I just woke him up.

so thats the story. as much as I know of it.

Regarding what I do... well... paperwork a 'lil and other than that, I've watched a few movies and played with my new laptop a bit. Perhaps have filled in like a dozen lines on page and with driving an' all... worked like 20 hours. so yeah.

Got some time to sleep since then... took a 5 hour nap ate some raisins and am ready to go for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home