Friday, October 21, 2005

On site

As everything goes with me... sometimes things take forever to develop, other times -overnight my entire world has flipped upside down.

I'm currently sitting about a 10 hour drive away from town, having been certified to work on the oil-patch as of 4:30pm yesterday; got a call 10:00am this morning saying "be at the office ready to leave at 1:00pm".

Of course my first thought was "Crap... I havn't packed anything and I'm not ready to go." So I flew around town, spent just over $2,000 on computer equipment and crap... thinking "gotta have something to take with me".

Which is funny, cause I literally ran into the house; slammed all my crap together, called a cab met it down stairs and was out the door just in time.

Got to the shop; waited for an hour for my ride and was gone.

Which sorta sucks, cause the guys from my old job and I were going to go for beers tonight; was really looking forward to that.

Whatever. I guess.

Anyways; there is one rule out on the job site. Don't wake up the "company man". This is a "fear of god" situation which you don't do...

Guess what i did in my first 15 minutes of arriving? seriously. damn.

But whatever. Do what I have to and see how the rest works our.

Anyways; talk more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home