Friday, September 30, 2005

The future

So; got a new job.

And its going to be drastically different from what I'm currently doing.

Right now I'm an IT guy. I work 37.5 hours a week, with friday afternoons off. I have full benifits, a very cushy job and whatever pace I set for myself.

I'm sometimes out of town, but I get enough time off to have a very successfull relationship and friendships.

In two weeks, I'll be a MWD hand for the oil field. I'll be working upwards of 300 days a year and never in town. I know right now that I won't be in town for my birthday, I probably will miss christmas; the work pace will be drastically different... that whole "hurry up and wait" mentality. Working into the night one day, sitting around for the next 5 or so then busting my ass again. Until the next job (which should be immediatly after I finish the last).

a little different to say the least.

But yeah.

"you must be ready at any moment to leave behind who you were for who you can be"

taken literally I guess.

On the lighter side, every reference I put down got a call... and they all gave me an exceptional review. Both said that if I was wanting work; I would have an offer from them within the day.

Needless to say, thats spectacular.

1 Comments:

Blogger Budgie said...

I wish you the best of luck and I hope everything works out for you!!! :)

6:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home