Monday, September 12, 2005

Mail!

From my last post, monachus comments:

"and it's not just because it's privileged information. it's because the masses won't understand it. they can't frame it into the appropriate context."

You know, there are many people throughout history who went through similar circumstances, an experiance, added to the past experiances created a specific direction in life.

Every step along the way was the rational culmination of his/her past. The only real catch, is that in the end we see the acts performed and judge a sinner or saint.

I guess thats the catch. When I came home from the last Tactical course I took... I was in a very... "altered" state of mind. I was sitting at the dinner table with my roomate and we were discussing how different I was after vs. before. I looked him in the eye and said; "I can now throw this spoon and pierce the chair your sitting in with it." We laughed... because if anyone else at any other time had said a similar comment, he would be called crazy. But because of what I had just gone through, that was a normal rational thought.

So I dunno. I understand (and wholly agree with) everything you commented; and really appreciate the comment. I sorta hope you go through some of what else I have to say throughout my blog; and make similar statements...

"it's better to leave them sleeping." except for this. My agreement is a little lower on this one...

I dunno... there was one guy that was out there only because of some of my comments from the last course. I honestly think he's a better person now because I was so vocal... perhaps I can touch a few more.

As a matter of fact... there was a gentlemen I was partnered with out there who said his purpose was to learn so he could share. And I understand.

I was asked by a potential girlfriend a while ago if I did any community service.

I said that I sometimes teach martial arts. That some people go out and help the "less fortunate" around them. Volunteering in soup kitchens, speaking on the distress phone lines and so on. That I find I can have more impact helping those I see and I understand. That the path we choose as warriors can be such a lonely and difficult path; helping one man through 1 hour of his life may impact more people... through those he can help and so on. That by people choosing to train with me in the form that we train; they trust me for guidance and understanding; not with something mundane but spiritual. Where a single wrong word can have impact throuout one person's entire life.

" you know what you experienced, and you are the echo of its value."

And this is just powerfull.

Thank you;
Capt'n

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home