Monday, August 08, 2005

the police and breakdancing

Breakdancing class again today.

I love it. Nothing says "thank you" to your body like doing a high intensity 2 hour workout.

And whats even cooler is the positive reinforcement you get from your friends and family when your bustin a move at the local disco.

*smile* well... not so much I guess.

The real instructors are all out of town or enjoying summer... so its up to me to teach today (again). which is rad. What I really need (more than breakin') is to learn how to be properly authoritave infront of people. Calm, cool, relaxed and myself... just more so. Even if you have no idea, pretending you know whats happening can really get a person a far ways.

*smile*

So here I am, teaching a class of 7 how to breakdance.

We did pretty low impact today (sore from yesterdays class... which I taught as well)... and funnily enough; I actually had enough stuff to teach without overlapping.

Followed a sort of theme yesterday; abandoned it and started fresh today.

I sorta was questioning what I was doing... until someone asked to demonstrate a particular move. The girl tried it and tried it. Finally got it down; I was like "perfect". She responded with a "yeah, but when you do it, it looks good!"

a single tear crawled down my cheek I swear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home