Thursday, August 04, 2005

Time to pay the bill

I've dated.... and I've dated.

I always find myself paying for whatever happens.

Its a trade (as far as I'm concerned). I have a decent job and money (sometimes) for things like nice meals, good entertainment, etc. It just sucks enjoying these things alone.

I'll go out on a date, drag the poor girl along to wherever I want to go / whatever I want to do; paying for it... because really, she's in my world taking part in my play - I'm being entertained... I should cover associated expenses.

I sorta figure, if it was left to most girls I date to decide activity and ration out cash for said activities; I wouldn't get to do some particulars. Things like having desert after an expensive meal. (no one needs desert, but its nice every once in a while) And sharing that. Having someone who is just here with you to be here is (in my mind) the cat's meow.

---------

So this wonderfull girl I'm seeing;

Seccond date, we're both in the mood for a munch before dating activity commense. Do a quick and easy Boston Pizza sit down.

We go through the meal, have a pretty good time and she picks up the bill. Doesn't let me look at it, no questions asked, says that she's going to pick it up.

Seriously... damn.

I've never had that happen before.

There are people who promise things... and people who do things. The former say things like "I'll buy next time" "I owe you dinner"... hell, this one girl "owe's" me dinner from helping her move, buying her supper 3 times and I'm very sure there's a couple of movie tickets that need to be thrown in to even things up. And thats while we're friends... as 'equals'.

But thats just it. No talk, nothing. I have nothing to proove; I'm just paying the bill. Thats what her eyes tell me. I bite - done.

I would say more than a little impressed... but that may just be an understatemant.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Poshlust said...

god. I'm that girl aren't I? God bless your little heart.

12:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home