Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Planting and reaping

We're all born with a blank slate.

Some have ingrained abilities, some have pre-determined traits; but those count little when the final tallies come out.

Does it strike you odd that often those who spend most of their young life watching others emerge as the most popular when older?

Does it strike you odd that often those who miser their money when yound often end up with a surplus when older?

What do we have for currency? how do we get things? how do we grow?

You trade independance for religion and security. Trade time for friends. Trade blood for money.

That is our existance.

What is a friendship but a mutual donation of time? the more time given, the stronger the frienship. Like the friendship is simply a sum of every sacrifice made for its ends.

I used to trade Micromachines with my cousin when I was younger.

Cars that can all be bought for the same price somehow have a worth to yourself and others.

Rare sets, sets you can't buy any more, cool sets, sets that change color in the sun... there is a hierarchy born out of astethics and percieved worth.

I'm sitting there trying to trade him 5 cars he sorta wants for 1 car I really want. According to our childhood lessons of currency, 5 nickles is worth a quarter. But in the land of bargining and trading; 5 lower micromachines is not worth a larger.

But with that larger, you can purchase anything you want.

And this lesson echo's throughout my life. 5 minutes of a mentor's time is worth more than its corresponding worth of the student.

5 minutes of time with a loved one is worth more than its corresponding value with people you like.

So I guess as we walk our paths; the question must be asked: Do I specialize or generalize? Do I spend hours learning the perfect punch? or do I spend that time learning sorta how to punch, kick, grapple and spar?

Where as that one punch can shatter innumerable boards; the weak punch, kick and all other skills combined in succession cannot achieve the same goal.

---------

A sorta side note; everything is a trade. Wether percieved or not.

Spending your Sunday mornings in Church is a trade. Believing the Word vs. repeating the Word is a trade.

Even sitting infront of the TV playing videogames is a trade.

And I guess traits act like seeds in a field.

You can either harvest your crop and eat or replant entire.

After enough time, development and education (no matter whatever it is you do) you will have enough crop and plant with some left over.

2 Comments:

Blogger Budgie said...

Well, at the time that I wrote that I was doing good. This was before we had a power surge which fucked up my computer. It crashed and I lost 3 songs I was downloading which were almost complete. I can't get them back. That really annoyed me. That was one thing tho. There was a lot that really pissed me off last night and I got really fed up. So I finished my laundry slammed some stuff around, got my rage out, and went to bed. I felt slightly better when I could hear the thunder last night. It was like God was pissed off too and slamming things around too. That made me happier.

Talk to you later.

5:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In economics it's called "opportunity cost". T253712674565169

1:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home