Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Debt

A long time ago; I was fighting with my brother.

He owed me a substantial (to me at that time) amount of money and wasn't paying up.

He said "I acknowledge the debt, for you that should be good enough. If both parties don't acknowledge the debt, then there is no debt."

I think he was trying to proove that we didn't need to record our transactions on paper or something.

But those words stuck with me.

And I find myself talking with new people online all the time... last night, I remembered a passage from a book which states something along the lines of who ever asks to enter negotiations is coming in on a lower level. They have allready lost ground.


This new girl asks to MSN; I agreed. I figured that as she is now entering negotiations with me as to our reltionship; she's on a lower ground. Some conversation ensues; I realise that over the last few years, alot of people have done this... just not thought of actions/reactions that they precipitate something, that I have something they want and expect to get it for either what its worth or slightly below that value.

And why?

Even though I can feel the shifting measure of 'whose winning' a substantial amount of the people I deal with are completely ignorant.

They just don't have the care or attention to understand whats going on. While this makes it impossible to have a proper rally for score in an arguement; it does make it hell-of-alot easier to manipulate them into getting what I want.

Just this mornings thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home