Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Memories

So I did it... another one of my Life's goals out of the way.

Every year there's a passing carnival of sorts that comes to our neck of the woods. Stops for a week; takes everyone's money and hightales it.

When I was a young lad; we would drive up to the carnival... some days to take part in the festivities; others only to watch the fireworks in the evening.

One night (I don't remember how old I was) I was in the park and saw that the ferris wheel kept running throughout the fireworks display... thought "wouldn't that be something? To watch the fireworks from the top of the world." (well... not really the top, but its a pretty big ferris wheel... feels damn high when your up there)

Saturday night, myself and a favored lady friend of myne went to see Finger 11 play. As we were walking back, I came to the realization that I've never been to this 'exibition' with a girl and that the cliche in cheesy romantic experiances is to chill out ontop of the ferris wheel and look into eachother's eyes as the world passes by.

So we grabbed some tickets, waited in line.

She was ultra sweet; offered to pickup some minni-donaughts for munchin while we waited... (a favorite of myne). I was enjoying the company too much to let her go.

We get around to the front of the line, finally get up and sure as shit; hit the top of the ride, waiting for people to get off when the fireworks started.

Seriously, couldn't have planned it better than that.

The only 'unfortunate' were the other people we had to share the ferris wheel vestibule with... but thats ok.

Otherwise, I'd call things just about perfect.

1 Comments:

Blogger Budgie said...

omg...you were there and you never came and said hi ?



:(

7:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home