Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Cristening

I bought a new pot and pan the other day.

This wouldn't be so monumental, but the question arrises... how often does a person buy these items?

To be honest, I've only bought 2 pots and 2 pans in my 24 years of life... which (according to my twisted way of thinking) would make this almost more important than my birthday.

So the moment of truth arrises; yesterday I used my pot for the first time.

Out here; when I'm working 12-16 hours a day; doing shit all for work; you really have 12-16 hours to prepare whatever you want to eat... or to watch movies, play games... or in my case, meditate.

What did I cristen my new pot with? Kraft Dinner.

(but it was soo good!)

Today; I did some paperwork and played Halo 2 with my trainer... so I probably had only 6 hours to myself... and I used my pan.

What did I cristen my new pan with? Grilled cheese sandwitches.

Let me tell you about myself and cooking. Ever since grade 6; I cooked a full meal once a week for my family (mom would get me with the wooden spoon if I didn't...). My brother is a wicked awesome cook and on the odd occasion has shown me a thing or two; I used to live with a very good friend of myne (who has been cooking professionally for the majority of his life); and once a week he would cook us a pro-grade dinner and explain to me how it was done; often coaching me through cooking the majority... and since then not only do I really enjoy cooking; but am the only person at the places I've lived with any skill - thus responsible for cooking if dinner was to not come out of a can (*laugh* or not bbq'd... I had this one guy who would bbq everything. If it wastn't prepared on the bar-be-que, it was un-cookable.)

And here I am; with unlimited time; an unlimited budget (essentially) and we end up with Grilled Cheese and Kraft Dinner.

I love being a man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home