Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas on the rigs

So I witnessed an anomoly I guess.

First off; I was on one of four rigs that were operating between christmas and new years; of the 60-70 odd jobs we're servicing.

In addition to this; instead of everyone trying to keep to themselves and ignore the festivities; our medic; (who is a pretty old woman) its her first time away from family for christmas.

So the push's wife mad a big turkey dinner for the rig staff; the medic made a big dinner for the service hands.

It was pretty nice.

Up until the night time; I was pretty "bah humbug" myself. But walking into her shack; having her motherly smile warming the shack; looking at the food... it was funny.

It made me think of home and my family; how "charlie brown" this is compared to that; but how much effort everyone put into this and how special it is.

So Merry Christmas Everyone!

I know alot of people read this, so I would like to have some comments on what you did during the season.

1 Comments:

Blogger Budgie said...

I wrote up a thingy on my blog about my xmas day.

I'm glad yours was good though :)

5:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home