Saturday, August 04, 2007

Us vs Canada

Okk... so I'm now working in the states.

Its sorta nice in the area that I am. People seem friendly enough, the weather is nothing but beautiful. But there are differences.

Strange differences. For example... in Canada land - pretty much everywhere I've worked over the last forever - every grocery store had oodles of bread products. A whole isle devoted to freshly baked pastries, bread, scones... all sorts of amazing stuff.

Down here, the few grocerie stores I've visited, less than half.

A few other things which are sorta neat - Walmart's here aer 24 hours, I even found a 24 hour grocery store. In Canada land, I think thats almost unheard of.

*smile* the last place I worked in Canada, the only 2 grocery stores were open from 9am to 6pm; 8pm on thursdays and closed sunday.

Which i guess is almost the opposite of 24 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home