Sunday, July 22, 2007

Happiness Cont.

Thanks Budgie!

I know exactly what your talking about.

With regards to me and my perceived external grumpiness... if nothing is done about it; it will never change... you know?

it was strange... I was at the capital ex, stopped by all the trade shows to see whats new and exciting.

I found a gillette booth where they shave your face, all you have to do is sign up and fill out a waiver.

So I'm sitting in this little trailer and this chicka is shaving me. I couldn't stop giggling. I started playing with the 2 man audience, we were playing trivia games and getting all yelly and rowdy. Before she was done shaving me; the hall was full of people stopping to view the spectical.

I think all the faces in the audience were unhappy. That they saw someone who was happy and didn't know what to do... other than stand and stare.

Maybe hoping that they could get a little waft of what was funny or causing such excitement; so they could share in it as well.

I think that maybe most people want to be happy... they just need a reason. Someone other than themself they can blame for this strangely good feeling.

Maybe we could play; you out there (my blog audience) and I. Try to plant 1 happiness seed and see what happens. Not really go out of your way to be happy, but share with 1 person the fact that you are happy.

I think soemthing strange could happen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fated said...

"I think that maybe most people want to be happy... they just need a reason."

I think wanting to be happy is reason enough! I have been ridiculously happy lately.. I think it is just about appreciating what you have and not letting things get to you. People seem to think it is more logical to keep track of the negative. I think it is more productive to just let yourself be happy.

On a side note, I actually picked up a book called 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People. It is pretty fantastic. It is like a daily dose of pure enthusiasm.

8:57 AM

 
Blogger Capt'n said...

Miss Fated;

I think you are very right. I havn't read the book; but if I see it I'll be sure to pick it up from any bookstore I run into.

Thanks for sharing your happiness with me/us!

5:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home