Friday, March 02, 2007

Gidgets!

So, I've been doing alot of learning and trying to discover a good way to integrate an ipod into my new car.

Speaking about which, I bought a new car. A 2007 Eclipse GT. She's absolutely beautiful! Execpt when I was home last week; in a little seminar about "the secrets of health and wellness" someone drove into my front bumper. and then they drove away.

bastards.

The story - Mitsubishi's newest eclipse, the fully loaded dream model has a 6 disk in dash rockford deck with a 400 watt (ish) amp and a 10 inch sub, a 9 speaker system that rocks!

Unfortunately; I would like to pickup some satalite radio awesomeness and use my ipod. the only option for a sat is using an fm modulator (transmitting over a shitty imitation radio station to the existing deck) and with the ipod; mitsubishi has an integration unit... but you can't display artist or track names, only using a 2 digit numerical display.

So instead of knowing I'm listening to "put your hands up for detroit" I'm listening to "1-25"... thusly - sucky.

Solutions?

I can repleace the head unit for my car. Apperently, I can still use the stearing wheel controls; but I have to put in a new seccondary amp and sub, because I can't fire the factory sub through the factory amp with a third party controller.

Not only that; but apperently the only deck that supports a 30+ gig Ipod doesn't come out for a month and when it does come out; doesn't play CD's. (its a brand brand new Alpine unit that actually looks pretty sweet)

Or, I can get this unit called a bluetouch... which is awesome; I guess. But it depends on fm modulation to talk to my head unit too. Only its wired into the antenna jack, thusly... a better form of fm modulation. The bluetouch guys were very nice; I contacted them through email. Saying that a unit costs approx $500 USD and is cool up to -40 celcius (thusly won't fail in my bitter cold canadian winter).

Not only that, but i have a truck I would like to outfit as well and would like the same solution in both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home