Thursday, March 01, 2007

Cell phone booster

My house has tin siding.

Which is awesome. Its a long lasting siding option which usually retains its color and shape for a good long time.

The only problem is that wave forms don't like to pass through tin very well. Aka - cell signals.

So depending on where you stand in my house, you may or may not get cell coverage.

I ordered a cell booster from a website; but apperently I got the wrong one. Telus covers both the 900Mhz and 1800Mhz frequencies in 1x (aka - dual mode digital) and my booster is only for 900Mhz. So I can use it when I'm in analog (900Mhz analog makes a phone Tri-mode) which is wonderful. And it kicks analog ass. Only I just bought a new phone that doesn't have analog.

So I'm up shit creek without a paddle apperently.

I'm working on the manufacturer to see if i can get an exchange; maybe some marginal price involved.

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home