Thursday, March 23, 2006

Empathy and Sympathy

We're all looking for someone to understand us.

I'd almost say that we judge the world not in terms of "right and wrong" but "alike and dissimilar"

Walking with my lead hand back from supper; I was in a bit of a thinker mood. Talking about reasons for being out in the mountains.

That I feel closer akin to the guys I find out here than anyone I meet in the city. Really for reasons unexplainable.

I told him that I'm not out here for the money; (even though its amazing!) that I'm out here to strip the city out of me and see what I have left.

And every time i would uncover another truth; he would reply "yeah, but the money is pretty good" or "yeah, but without the money you wouldn't want to be here..."

I think all things considered equal; the money is nice, but the conditions are why I'm here. The money is just what others understand as my reasoning.

And it was just something he couldn't come to terms with.

-----

So we were discussing me... he said that usually we're speaking the same language but some times I'm on a completely different planet.

Which lead to the idea that we find normal and acceptable those who share things we do.

I like to work, I like to experiance things. I like to discover truths about myself and the world. I often don't take things for fact but push and pull; discovering every moment of every day.

And not alot of people can identify with that. Why some things I say just stun and astound; and others make you say "What The FUCK!?!"

----

Somthing else that really pleases me... the more I discover about myself; the more often friends ask me for advice.

It makes me feel really good; being able to help those I care about. Even if I say 1 thing out of an hour of discussing that makes a person think; it pleases me.

That moment when a person sits back and needs 5 minutes to allow some new piece of information to filter through their mind... its a form of recognition that I don't find anywhere else.

So not necessarily writing this to pat myself on the back; but writing this as a shout out. To all those who ask me questions; Thank You. It makes me feel important and needed; I really appreciate that.

Capt'n

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home