Sunday, February 26, 2006

eyes of a fox

Arrived on location yesterday; pulling up, I see the rig is on the summit of a very large foothill.

Larger than any surrounding it; which is so nice. I get to see mountains every morning when I walk outside. The rig is huge; with a massive floor, all surrounded by heavy tarp for winterproofing.

So really, unless your outside; the conditions are very maneagable to work in.

We went for dinner last night; heard that there are a few fox's around the area which (like all dogs do) smell food and beg for scraps. As I've never really seen a "wild" animal, I didn't know what to expect.

Yeah; I've seen zoo'd animals. Things that think themselves wild; but still get fed regularely none the less.

So tonight; supposidly bbq night (they ran out of propane... so tomorrow I guess is steak night instead) I look out the window. Sitting on a 6 foot hill of snow (so eye level) is this damn cross fox. And from far away (with glass seperating you) it looks almost cuddly.

Finished up eating; went outside to wait for my other guys. Turn to my right and I see the fox. Sitting on his little hill not 10 feet from me.

That "wild look" his curled lips like hes growling and I just can't hear it. Funny enough; I feel kindred with that look. And I think thats why he growled... not because I was human. But because I was human and didn't have the "tame" look in my eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home