Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Cries of help

Responding to physical pain is a... programmed reaction.

This post is a little close to home for some people; please take it with a grain of salt.

I stubbed my toe tonight; in my house. My roomate is sleeping, all the lights are out. Everything is chill... and I don't want to break that by swearing.

I didn't grimice or ... anything really. I just kept walking on. As I walked into my room, I glanced at my toes. They were still there. I could walk. Everything else was seccondary.

And for a moment I thought about pain.

Children get hurt and they sorta look around. IF someone is watching, they might cry. If no one's watching or they don't see anyone around... they keep playing. Up to a specific age.

And at that age; they've been programed that pain + noise = attention.

be alone some night and accidently hurt yourself. See if you scream for help; or if you just deal with it as best you can.

1 Comments:

Blogger Budgie said...

I did that at work yesterday... I was pulling down a fairly heavy item with sharp edges for a customer and I lost my grip on it and it sliced my ear (not severely but enough to hurt) and hit my head and then fell to the floor. At the time I was more concerned about making my sale so the pain didn't even faze me...

8:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home