Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Whats up!

I've been avoiding writing about myself for a little bit. The events of the last few days have been odd and set me back into constant thought.
Needless to say; its not safe for me to open my damn mouth when I'm like this, never mind write a few pages on whats going on.
But I actually slept last night! Figured I'd see what comes out when I write.
----
So friday I finally got sent out on the road again. The office gave me a truck and said "head north my young friend"... and north I am.
Was talking to a friend on the phone, wanted to pull over and plug my phone in (for power)... ended up pulling over about 6 inches too much, cause my 3/4 tonne truck slid (sideways) into the ditch.
I shifted into 4x, attempted to "negotiate" out. Try going up a 30 odd degree incline... with your vehicle pointed straight up... going completely sideways. With a fully loaded vehicle, a half dozen sand bags in the back etc.
Got out; didn't plug in. Decided to just get to where I was going.
Within an hour (after 9 hours driving) and the fog enveloped the road. Couldn't see my headlights, never mind other vehicles.
So I turned around (drove past 2 seccondary roads, before I guessed right and found somewhere to turn around) had to drive through 2 towns (each with 3-6 motels, all booked) and found a room to stay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home