Saturday, November 26, 2005

Ninja... again

Well; I've been going to ninjutsu again.

Afterall, I'm in town. Looks like the class is going to dissapear shortly (as the instructor got hired on into the same job as I'm now doing in the oil field) so I might as well take all he has to offer while I can.

An advanced student seminar this weekend from our instructor's sponser. Its pretty good. All the crash and bash hour after hour really puts a guy into that animalistic mindset.

Gotta tell you. (day 1 was today, 5 hours - 5 minute break...) If I was put into one more joint lock, had my knee or elbow smashed by another staff, felt like I was going to black out from a choke or was in the position that something was just about to break ONE MORE TIME; I think I would have gone nuts.

But whatever eh? I pay good money to be subjugated to this type of trama and stress.

And this instructor definately does not pull his punches much. We had some people watching from the door for a while; what they were seeing was really brutal stuff.

None of this "punch him in the stomache" wear your opponent out type of crap. Every technique today (and there were at least 28 of them by our best count) revolved around breaking at least 3 MAJOR bones in your opponents body; if not outright killing him.

*smile* The best was watching the girls (there were 3 of them there) get right into it. This is knowledge that is rarely passed on in this type of timeframe... Hell; just training (and being ultra meticulous, slow and carefull) I managed to minorly injure my partner in several different places. He was having a problem bending his back, limping with both legs, bruised biceps (triceps, calves, forearms.... and I know I bruised his armpit really good too).... etc.

Tomorrow is supposed to be about "sensitivity" with some techniques that are restricted enough that all photograpy and film equipment have to be turned off; otherwise your kicked out.

No wonder people migrate to other arts. I'm a pretty brutal person; some of this stuff today really fought my sence of reality.

We'll see about tomorrow and what happens. I'm really looking forward to it.

The fact that I almost got freaked out putting a move on a guy (well, you have to be ultra carefull so you don't break your partners elbow, shoulder and collarbone before he hits the ground with your knee in his ribs) actually proves that I have not only a concience but a sence of morbidity that has limits.

Very pleasing to say the least. There may be hope for me yet.

All i have to say; is that if your in a fight... not some "ego based conflict" but a real fight... get out; get out alive and your really doing well.

Anything you can do to achieve that is all good. There is no "fair" there is no "right" or "wrong". There is surviving or there is not surviving.

Have a good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home