Sunday, June 26, 2005

And breaking again

Found out today that I actually have a few little transitions and routines that I can pull out of my pocket for a breaking show.

Guess how I found out?

The 'leaders' at our breaking class apperently forgot that they were leaders. Didn't tell anyone that we had a breaking show today at 2 and 4. Consequently, yesterday at midnight I get an email saying "Yo! come down to ***** for 12 tomorrow." (yeah, I'm strill trying to hide where I am or who I am.)

So went down. 2 oclock comes and we get setup. Still not knowing what we're doing or anything.

By we, I mean me, another very junior guy and a teacher from another class.

Our two instructors or anyone else failed to show.

We played some tunes for a few hours, breaked for a few hours (I almost blew my shoulder and elbow putting too much power into a windmill) and then chilled.

Funniest thing; there is a "crazy" girl who sometimes comes out to class. Not to learn to break, but to do a freaky rave-style dance out on the street to our tunes.

Where as no breakers came out, this girl somehow finds out and shows up. Completely oblivious to the world, ended up scaring away half our audience before we got started. (I found it mildly amusing) I was bustin out some rad foot work, was going into a spin or sometin' and she's on the stage doin her 'eyes closed waving around' thing. I think she's talking to the spirits of deceased disabled people or something. Trying to communicate in interpritive dance.

(and yeah, it only looks funny/weird because she's crazy ugly and has a very disproportinate body)

Summary: Looked like public fools on a stage infront of 20-50 people and almost got really hurt. I would call it a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home