Sunday, June 19, 2005

Mail!

"Liz said... Thanks for the insight. I'll definatly try to keep that in mind.On the other hand...I'm curious to know what would make some guys good listeners and easy to talk to and some who blow you off and act like your concerns are nothing compared to theirs. *grumble*"

Thanks for the question Liz;

I think this might relate to importance.

If what your talking about is important to someone; they will listen with rapt attention. If what your talking about isn't important to someone; they'll blow you off.

It could be several other things too... tone; direction; dictum (words); mood; timing.

If I just got off of work and you wished to tell me about your day in excruciating detail; I would listen for a little bit; brush you off and continue relaxing.

If you called an hour to two hours after I got off work and wanted to tell me about your day in excruciating detail; I would probably be more inclined to listen to your story.

Don't get me wrong. There are people who captivate and enliven their audience... there are others who you never want to hear speaking... it'll kill your mood.

I think thats what your facing.

A combination of our 'factors' and the presentation.

Simply enough; if someone isn't listening to you something your doing is wrong.

Wrong words, wrong tone... etc. You have to find a way to suprise them into wanting to hear what you have to say... then you win.

I don't know if this helps.

2 Comments:

Blogger Budgie said...

didn't you have another post above this one ??

7:59 PM

 
Blogger Capt'n said...

Yeah; but I didn't like what it said... so I killed it.

Capt'n

9:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home