Friday, August 10, 2007

Lead and Follow - 2

To follow (excuse the pun) of my last post...

How would you alter a person's mood? How would you change a person's perception?

I am a staunch believer that everything energetic follows rules that everything mundane follow... (which I've said time and time again) so I'll do my best to provide and translate.

When I argue, how do I prove a point?

Concession of a point of knowledge between two very stubborn males is a difficult thing. For one man to agree that he was wrong or to embrace your point of view as his own on most days borders on impossible; on others exists beyond those borders.

When I'm to 'adjust' someones reasoning, I first attempt to understand theirs. That we are on the same page, understanding WHY he believes which he believes. In my head, I find the finite points which make my argument different than his and (most often) subtly I prove to him, not what I'm arguing about, but each point individually - almost as a separate argument, a separate conversation.

Step by step, once he combines his new knowledge with his old reasoning, he converts to my way of thinking.

It is not surprising when at the end of the 'argument' when my opponent turns to me with a new realisation and presents to me the perspective I've held since the beginning.

----

Thats the most basic form of this.

Neuro linguistics states that for effective communication to occur between two people, you must speak using the same fundamentals.

If a person is used to visualizing something in their head, using visual words in your conversation allow him/her to understand you. If you used Auditory or Kinesthetic words, (as bizarre as this sounds) they won't.

Can you see what I'm talking about? (Can you hear what I'm saying? Can you feel the point I'm trying to make?)

---

Unfortunately, I'm out of thought. Sorry to leave you all hanging, but there will be more to come.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home