Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Horray!

First of all; way to go Ottawa for beating Pitsburg hard in their first playoff game.

Seccond, I'm very tired. I went to bed last night at 10ish (got caught in a book) and was woken up at 2am when things started going wrong and we began pulling out of hole.

Similar deal for the night before - late to bed and early to rise.

Grrr.

Looking forward to a day off. Wich will come sooner or later I'm sure. I just got a call from my former trainee; he was just checking out if he's coming back and wanted to let me know that he's requesting me again because he has so many questions about our equipment that are still unanswered.

The office have installed GPS units in all of our trucks. With a nice little beeping unit that lets us know if we're speeding or forgot our seatbelt, accelerate or brake too quickly.

Which is really nice. Thanks guys for the little reminders.

Unfortunately, today they released a policy that all these bad things count for 'points' which are tallied up and specific ranges get colors assigned to them.

If you fall in the 'red' category, your fired.

Funny enough, at the beginning of march, I had a bad feeling and drastically changed my truck driving mentality.

The memo that was released today had a half dozen examples of people in a spreadsheet... but who ever grey'd out the names was an idiot and with some careful negotiation of my monitor, I could make out who they were.

Looks like in the month of march, I accured 120 points... which qualifies for a green rating. Three (out of the 8) qualified for red ratings...

So I'm in sorta a good mood about that.

Good thing I have a car to do all my speeding in when I'm home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home