Wednesday, March 28, 2007

You are what you eat

What does that mean? You are what you eat...

Like really. How can a man turn into broccoli? Or like a pie or something.

I spent some time thinking about this today. I don't know why I would, but it happened... and here I am; trying to get this thought out of my head so I can go to sleep.

I was walking down a path in High School. Talking with a good friend of mine at the time about who we hang out with. What these people are doing to us and all that.

I can recall and feel everything that passed through my head at that time, like an echo of a thought I'm having right now.

Shaping ones life... you are what you eat... identifying elements that you want in your life...

I was thinking that perhaps if you wanted more apples in your garden... you plant more apple seeds. The easiest place to get apple seeds? from a friggain' apple tree.

All I'm sayin' is that the easiest way to revolutionize your life would be to find something you like and hold onto it. Don't let it go. Take that apple tree and take care of it. Let the little apples that fall find fertile soil... guess what?!? You get more apple tree's next season! Tralaa!

Summoning, creating out of nothing is difficult. Taking something and making more... simple simple simple.

------

Well... *smile* A twist.

As I was thinking of a conclusion... I met the stranger that looks back at me in the mirror.

There is more to this.

The Apple Tree.

If your going to work out, if you want more muscles or more density; there is more to it than a routine.

If you want to juggle, some times practicing every day for a few hours won't give you the skills necessary to complete a full set.

If you want to learn how to dance, only going through the moves and copying routines of other dancers doesn't instill that fluidity and grace, the power and possession we see on stage.

Part of this is doing. Watering the lawn so the grass will turn green and grow.
Part of this is refining. Pulling the weeds so the little grass guys get all the possible nutrients and sun light.
Part of this is diligence. Putting off that ball game to take care of things that will flounder without attention.

But the other half might be something we can't put our fingers on.

A connection.

Something I relate to that smile I get when I've figured out another piece of the puzzle.

That gift from God we see all around us but rarely recognise in ourselves.

And maybe a little trust.

----

The man who doubts what he's doing but works out obsessively for hours a day, days a week... he won't see the same gains as another who trusts that he will succeed and works only half.

There is so much I can say.

My first girlfriend, we went to church together. The pastor looked out over the assembled mass and preached about taking that leap of faith. That if a man was on a ladder and knew he couldn't climb any more, that God would catch him if he simply let go; would he?

Which very nicely brings a point.

Perhaps the only thing that is holding us on the bad side of the line that separates achievement from attempt is belief.

The blind belief that we will do what we set out to do.

Identify an apple tree in your life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trev said...

Very wise words man. The different religions mostly seem to have that same idea. It just makes sense to different people in different ways. I believe the correct religion is whatever works for you. And the worst part is that many people will fight to the death to prove others wrong instead of realizing the possiblity of multiple truths. I have not figured out yet why there seems to be a greater urge to supress others and destroy them than to praise them and help them grow.

10:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home