Sunday, March 25, 2007

Platinum Relationship

I've done some thinking over the last few minutes.

A friend has brought up the "golden rule" with me. I had to trump her with the "platinum rule".

This is something I've discussed before.

The golden rule being - treat others as you would like to be treated.
The platinum rule being - treat others as they want to be treated.

As I think I may have beaten these to death, I figured I'd talk about some other aspect of this.

We're all out there looking for happiness. Looking for a relationship that will make us happy. Looking for someone who can meet our needs.

I dunno about those above statements.

I know this turns into one of those 'communism' like ideas - where everyone has to jump on board at the same time, otherwise they're not worth anything... but still. Hear me out.

Instead of looking for something, why don't you offer something? Find someone who you think you can make happy.

Don't judge by class... "she's in my class, she's out of my league" etc. Look for someone you can satisfy perfectly... thats where you should be aiming.

What'll this do?

First off, people will find you more attractive. Your not one of the thousands looking to take from him/her. Your the only one looking to give.

Secondly, you might actually become happy. I know this is a strange concept; but happiness is achievable. As a provider of happiness, you actually get to touch on it yourself.

There is lots more I could do to discuss this, but I think I'm going out side for a froleich in the mud.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Poshlust said...

The major problem with communism is that there always has to be a distributer - somebody will always have to be in power (thus debasing the entire idea of communism) to dole out the goods. Just like in a relationship. *smile* Maybe communism just isn't a great example.
*hug*
Sorry I keep missing you.
I'm sick, and tired, and I have that feeling of a steel band around my chest squeezing the life out of me. Literally, and figuratively.
Miss ya.
a

9:26 PM

 
Blogger Capt'n said...

A;

*smile*

Its true... but something isn't right with the idea of someone in power.

That in a relationship of 2 one would be the 'doler of material' and the other subserviant.

It just doesn't sit right with me.

Any ideas?

(and yeah, I miss you too.)

With love;
Capt'n

1:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home