Sunday, January 07, 2007

Too much sugar

I have so many stories; where to start?

How about start with the present and work my way past?

I went to costco the other day and picked up one of those rather moderate sized 'bake yourself' lasagna's. Cooked it up for supper (breakfast) today for me and the boys in my shack. Easily enough for 6 people, us three consumed it like no body's business.

And I havn't stopped eating since.

The directional hand's wife had baked up some Christmas goodies; which he promptly shared after dinner. Gave us a pan of 'peanut butter marshmallow' squares (my favorite). I've eaten almost 3/4 of the pan so far. Another 4 more squares and there won't be any more.

So I'm sitting here, moderately shaking from all of the sugar I've consumed and wondering why I'm feeling restless.

-----

Leaving home.

I left for work friday morning. It was a good time to leave; I'd only been working 1 week stretches since mid November. Which is great... sorta.

You don't really have any big pay checks or any decent periods off. Both working too much and not enough.

Its hard on the mind; not sleeping enough and then getting too much sleep.

Consistency is something I was craving.

----

Thursday night I took out a new girl. I only had an hour or so; figured we'd meet for coffee or tea. An hour is more than enough time to get a feeling for chemistry - I figured.

Her story?

She's driving a slightly modified cavalier; one of those coffee can ehxausts, crome accents around the wheel wells. Gets out; you can hear the loud twang of country music.

I didn't need an hour.

She had spent 7 months of this year in the hospital from a head on with a drunk driver. Apperently both hands and feet suffered injury; neck and back damage. Wasn't bad looking (a cute cast to her face, a touch chesty - had that "I spent 7 months in the hospital" look around the mid section though.)

Starbucks was closing so we walked across the street to a Keg for cocktails or something.

We chose this little spot; up against the wall. A short table and coumfortable chairs made it feel like we were on a talk show. I was the host.

45 minutes passed without incident. A few hot chocolates (a glass of wine for the lady) and some garlic bread.

*smile* I was tired so I called the night early. My last night of life before going into the patch for a month or two.

Good thing lunch was tasty!

Speaking about which...

----

A very good friend of mine lead me to this little soup place for lunch.

A literal hole in the wall establishment; 3 varieties of soup and a handfull of freshly made desserts.

Worth every cent. And twice that. Her sitting on the window sill; me sitting on a small stool happily eating our lunch in the mid afternoon sun.

I was in an off mood; I had been like that all day. You know how it can be raining all day, how that rain lets up for an hour or two, a pause to give praise to the sun?

Thats what lunch was. Something simple. Shared company. A sunny break to interrupt my grump.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home