Sunday, December 03, 2006

Healing

Its strange.

So very strange that my perception should shift and that I wouldn't notice it.

One of the directional hands out here asked me to crack his back for him. One of the guys suggested I should walk on it... the man I was to crack out weighs me by a good 40 lbs and is built like a brick shit house; my ability to pick him up and shake his spine into place is severely limited by how co-operative his straps feel like being.

I got him to lay on the floor as I gently placed my feet where I 'felt' they should go.

Sure as shit; I could... feel... something more than I should be able to feel. Just by looking at a back (fully clothed and with a sweater on) I could tell exactly what the musculature was doing and how the bones were out of alignment because of it.

Being ultra gentle (idiots who do this injure others) and with a few soft motions got 2-3 impossible cracks out of his spine and an amazing sigh of happiness. No jumping up and down; just carefull manipulation of his muscles and a little nudge to his bones.

My trainee wanted some back therapy as well... I just looked at him and told him that I'm not stepping on his back. That he needed some constructive stretching and that would do alot better work than I could. So we ran through some excercises and even though he protested that all was well; I could feel exactly what was going through his body.

*smile*

Do I know if it worked or not?

Yes; actually. The directional hand came back to me for more the next night; my trainee is contentidly sleeping off his tension and should be in ship shape when he wakes up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home