Monday, November 27, 2006

Basic Instinct

I was out for dinner with a friend. We came to talking about people's basic instinct of protection.

How the subconcious activates hormones; adrenals and other exciting things to provide the body with the tools it needs to protect itself in dangerous situations.

And this got me thinking.

To measure the capabilities of a man; you progressively expose him to situations incrementally worse in nature. When his subconcious instinctively fires its defenses; you know the level "emergency" holds in his mind; where something a little above becomes "over his head".

Why do I say this?

There have been situations where I've broken my cool. Where I allow my temperature to rise and break and I turn into the me thats only concerned with seeing tomorrow.

And the revelation that this is my measure comes as a shock. And a relief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home