Sunday, November 12, 2006

Snow

It snows here every day.

*smile* I just got my truck cleaned off when it started snowing again.

So I'll wait a bit, let things accumulate... then start the cycle all over again.

My friend from last post; asked when the last time was I'd looked at the world without my glasses on.

My psychic conversation with that girl left me quite strange; i havn't returned to reality land yet. Which is very strange; I've always been a little cookey but these last few days have been exceptions to the rule.

And maybe thats what I'm doing. Not applying my lenses to life. When I switched from glasses to contacts; everything I've seen has been "sharp" and "clear". When your wearing glasses, there's a stark reality present. That your looking through something to see. The real world; the foggy world exists at the edge of everything... only you cheat it by applying glass to your surface. With contacts in, that world doesn't exist. At least until you have to take them out before bed and put them in in the morning.

Maybe thats why I havn't had my eyes surgeried. Because I still havn't come to accept that the foggy world is reality and what I see is an adjustment to it. That I can still step into foggy land when I want to; surgery would leave that all behind.

Me being out in this snow covered landscape; like a burn victum sitting in a sterile oxygen chamber; maybe I've removed myself from the toxins of the city (being other people) to let my skin heal.

Which is strangely fitting; that when I'm all healed up, I'll have to step out of this landscape and return to the penny pinching, noise filled, stress laden environment I used to call home and remember what I have to do to cope again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home