Saturday, October 28, 2006

Consistency

Funny that... was out at the bar tonight; discovered something fundamental about dealing with people.

Something that suprises the crap out of me; that I havn't found this piece of the puzzle before.

When at the bar, I have my "bar" persona. I love it. I slur my words, I'm animated differently; I stumble walk (in breakdancing we did a number of classes where the movements all imatated being drunk... really really tight dance moves as a matter of fact!)... I'm just how people would picture me being drunk. A funny, sorta intelligent, but in a soft unspoken way type of friendly guy who walks around and talks with everyone cause he has no concept of un-proper.

And girls eat that up.

Until they start to get to know me; and someone offers to by the other a drink (a girl bought me a drink tonight too! Yeah!). And I don't drink.

Thus; a coke is presented into my hand... and the little gerbel wheel in their head starts spinning.

"wait a minute, he's not drunk... "

thus; the inconsistency.

I act drunk to establish repor. The ol' matching and mirroring routine. But... but but but; the inconsistency shatters the entire thing.

... to be worked on. I'll keep you all posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home