Thursday, November 09, 2006

Throwing away

A friend talked to me; two nights ago.

Funny enough; everything he said that is going to happen in my life; emotional things I'm going to do... etc. Either have just happened or are slowly playing out.

Its strange. When hearing some of these things from someone else, they seem very different than what I see them as when looking through my eyes.

His main point; was that inside me, I have this little child. Who looks with wonder and amazement at everything I'm doing; but still laughs.

Laughs at me, at my surroundings. Things like the money I make; are made trivial by this little kid who has no use for money. Things like this power to manipulate; don't become subjects for my ego or ambition, cause a kid has no need to do that... just to live and play.

He told me that I'll be presented with a choice, to either keep that kid or throw him away.

That I throw alot away in my life; i don't need anyone. Friends i keep are for reasons other than the desire to have friends.

And its true. I've thrown away so many people.

He just let me know that if I throw away the little boy in my head; two things will happen.

That as I'm a person who can do... anything; I'll become widely successfull. That he'd expect to some day open a news paper and see my picture in it. The little boy doesn't need money; thus I don't care to reach for success.

And that him and I won't have much of a link anymore. That I won't have a use for him in my life and he'll be left behind.

---

My friend was; upset when he said this. He wanted to let me know that he likes my friendship in his life; that loosing me would hurt him very badly.

There was more; so much more... but that essence has gotten me thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home