Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Impatience

One thing that this job allows me, is lots of time to reflect.

Its strange what happens. Not being in a position to make new memories means taking the ones you allready have and going through them with a fine tooth comb.

And some times, over and over again; you start to obsess about things. Others; you can find new truths.

Whats today's truth?

Impatience.

Specifically, when dealing with people.

My junior high gym teacher used to tell us... "wait for the ball" when playing volley ball. That there's the magic moment when a volley'd ball will pause in the air, not coming up or down. And thats when you hit it.

The same is true when dealing with people.

I found myself out with a girl the other day. She had mentioned that she's not really looking for anything or anyone at the time (a lie... of course. ment to say "I'm not looking for you"). I had commented "oh. :( I was going to kiss you when dropping off at your place"... which interestingly enough; met with positive feed-back.

Well... definately not negative feedback anyways. Like an un-made mind.

unfortunately; I went for the kiss early. At the motorcycle instead of the house; (well... and then I got stopped by a cop... oops) and didn't go well.

Through carefull review; all my hard work, all that potential was wasted. Not by shoddy date plans, but by prematurely doing something. By taking the moment when I felt shakey and acting, instead of making the other person feel like that and having them surrender to right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Budgie said...

***She had mentioned that she's not really looking for anything or anyone at the time (a lie... of course. ment to say "I'm not looking for you")****

hmm...I don't think that applies to everyone. it can be a convienient excuse, but take me for example...I'm genuinly NOT looking. I mean, if something came along, maybe. But Im too busy to take the time to actually look and put effort into making anything work.... dunno
my two cents worth anyway

2:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home