Sunday, February 27, 2005

Break dancer extrordinair

So I checked out this breakdancing class today. (like a half hour ago)

and Damn! I finally see how cool it is and seriously can understand how its done. Just sat through the class and watched the dynamics. I see alot of serious potential with these guys, one or two of them really can move, and there is one who can move just doesn't trust.

I see a real oppourtunity to thrive and learn.

Funniest thing, today's class was supposed to be cancelled, but they rescheduled it... and the instructor didn't show.

The hip hop instructor stepped in and did the class for the b-dance instructor... and danm, she can move too.

There is a hop class immediately proceeding this one, and once I get into it, I figure I'll be going to both.

The only unfortunate thing, is there won't be any flips happening here, arials of any sort really... but I was pointed to a gymnastics class where I can pick that up. Really the breaking could totally compliment my martial abilities and vice versa. Never mind learning how to dance to fill in the gaps between cool trick shit. (like hand springs etc.)

But one step at a time. I asked about waivers or health care cards etc. *laugh* the instructor was like "your totally scaring me; do you plan on getting hurt?"

The point that was totally emphasized today - people don't know if you screw up unless you tell them.

You know, during a wicked ass stall you fall; if you just keep going, how do people know? unless you go "shit! I got nothing... "

I'm concerned though. I was thinking about moving, but my current house, I might be able to practice there on the hard wood floors. New place doesn't sound like alot of room.

And coronation pool has a wicked 'hard wood' type area off the pool that no one uses for someone to practice as well.

it'll be no time before I'm standin up sayin "you bitches been served" standin all home style.

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home